Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Book Review : Pride and Prejudice


For some reason Prejudice never looks like it's spelt right to me. Anyways.

My rating: 4/5

Although its one of those books all girls are meant to read and get all "ooh Mr Darcy" about, I never had. Granted, I had seen the movie staring Kira Knightly (also known as "The Killer of Films") and was loving the story but hating the film. (Thankyou, Miss Needs-a-hamburger).

So the book was what I expected really; a delicious tale of a girl who's a bit too smart for her own good and her slow falling in love with the very odd Mr Darcy, who doesnt like the silly girls that surround him and much prefer a conversation with Elizabeth. Awww. Yay for smart girls! haha. Don't we wish there was a rich, moderately handsome gentleman coming calling for all us smart, moderately handsome girls :P

The reason it doesn't get 5/5 is because I felt that some of the characters were very annoying (Lord Wickam) in a I-dont-want-to-read-this-because-he's-here kind of way. I felt that, although there character is very important to the story, they needn't come in so often and say so much. Also, it was a little long winded and there were moments of self indulgence that went on a little too long for my liking. Otherwise, a great book that needs to be read by all!

NOTE: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is on my list to read after the penguin challenge! It looks great!!!

Emma
Currently reading Fabric of the Cosmos

1 comment:

  1. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies aren’t worth the 20 something dollars I spent on it. It was like someone had taken a great book and written over it in crayon. And not a very sharp crayon at that. (But I can lend it to you if you want.)

    ReplyDelete