Saturday, April 10, 2010

New book and progress update

So I went in to Borders to get one of my friends a gift voucher for her birthday, and they have a lovely rack of Penguins near the counter. So, I took a moment, waded through the three thousand books I already had and came across The Merry-Go-Round in the Sea by Randolph Stow. I'm looking forward to reading this because it is set in Geraldton in WA, which is my state. I've been there, so I'll be able to picture everything really clearly. I'm excited. I might even read it next.

Also, my friend from bookclub has picked The Witches of Eastwick for her bookclub book in June, which is a Penguin Book. I want to pick a Penguin too, because it will be easy to find, and cheap to buy, but the rule is that it has to be published in the 1980s. Research needs to be done, I think. My month is August.

I'm about a third of the way through Dracula. I'm hoping it goes back to Johnathon soon. If the whole book is about Mia and Lucy I'll be very dissappointed!
I'm trying to read a little each night before I go to sleep, but some nights I'm just too tired! Hopefully I'll have a review for you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment